Home > Autism Centre for Supported Employment
Based at The Source Skills Academy and funded by the King Ecgbert Resource Charity, the aim of the Autism Centre for Supported Employments to find paid employment and work experience placements for young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
What is Autism?
- It is a life long disability which affects the way a person communicates and relates to the world around them.
- It is estimated that autistic spectrum disorders affect the lives of 5,000,000 families in the UK and 98% of adults with Autism are unemployed.
The Project believes that with specialised support and a supportive employer, a person with Autism can make a success of paid employment.
The Autism Centre for Supported Employment offers:
- Quality specialised support
- Training and support for the employer and support staff coming from out-side agencies
- Job preparation skills
- Interview Support
- Ideal job match
- Advice and guidance on paid work and work experience placements
- Constant support for the young person and the employer for as long as needed
- Regular feedback sessions with the young person and employer
We are extremely proud of the achievements of all of our young people and their continuing success. For more information contact Glynis on 0114 263 5635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org