- What personally identifiable information is collected from you on the website
- What company is collecting this information
- How this information will be used
- What communication you can expect from us
- With whom the information may be shared
- The security procedures in place to protect the information collected
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
1. What personal information do we collect?
We will collect the following information about you when you complete our registration form with us:
- your name
- your email address
- your company name
- your invoice and delivery addresses
- your telephone number
- your enquiry/request
- your acceptance of our Terms & Conditions
It is necessary for you to provide this information if you wish to request additional information or if you would like to keep informed of future news, events and promotions.
Our system may also automatically record the following information on your visit to our website:
- your browser type (e.g. Netscape Navigator, Internet Explorer)
- your operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows, Macintosh)
- your IP address (a unique identifier for each connection to the internet)
- your domain name (e.g. freenet.co.uk, demon.co.uk)
- This information is automatically collected and does not require your input - the information is used to improve our facilities and to provide you with an optimum website.
2. What company is collecting this information?
The Source Skills Academy collects and uses your personal information. The Source Skills Academy is a trading name for The Source at Meadowhall which is a registered company established in England and Wales with company number 4396759. The registered office for The Source at Meadowhall is 10 Cornwall Terrace, Regent's Park, London, NW1 4QP. We have notified the Office of the Information Commissioner of our data processing activities and our registered number is Z8467430.
3. How this information will be used?
We respect your privacy and will only use your information:
- to assist with completion of any bookings you make
- to log various usage and statistical information about your use of our facilities
- to administer the website and gather broad demographic information about users of the site
- to send you newsletters
- for marketing purposes - providing you with details of special offers, promotions, new products and services
- to advise you of changes to our website
- to improve our website, and to customise our website for you based on your demographics
- Our site provides an opt-in and opt-out facility so that you only receive information if you choose to. At any time you can access your account and change your marketing status indicating whether you want to opt-in or opt-out of receiving marketing information. If you choose opt-in status, whenever we send you information, we will always give you the opportunity to request your details to be removed from our marketing list.
4. What communications can you expect from us?
We may need to contact you by email, telephone or letter for the following purposes:
- to keep you informed of the status of any bookings which you have placed for training/conferencing
- to obtain any additional information necessary to complete a booking that you have placed
- to verify your identity for security reasons
5. Who will we share your information with?
We may disclose your Information to:
- our merchant account provider and credit card processing services for the purpose only of processing your credit card or debit card details
- our regulators, lawyers and auditors
- persons where required by law under a court order or subpoena
- third party service providers or agents acting on our behalf
- training partners/providers (where training partners/providers are linked to this website) for the following purposes:
- to allow the training partners/providers to complete any order for any bookings that you place with that training partners/providers
- to provide the training partners/providers with statistical information as to the use of our website and websites of training partners/providers
- these transferees (except training partners/providers) act as intermediaries only and do not retain your information. Only training partners/providers may retain your information. The use by training partners/providers of your information is not governed by our Terms and Conditions. If you would like more details on the companies that we disclose your information to then please let us know by writing to us at the address described below.
We understand the concerns you have about giving your personal details over the internet so we are rigorous about our security procedures. We provide a safe and secure shopping environment for our customers. The following procedures are in place to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or theft of your information:
- We use secure sockets layer (SSL) technology with a 128 bit encryption
- We use secure keys to encrypt your information while it is on the internet (where this security is supported by your browser)
- Our server uses state of the art encryption to store your information
- We process online financial transactions under a secure connection by Cybersource, who are well established and experienced in this area.
7. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
Your Information will be retained by us for as long as the purpose for which it was collected continues. It will then be destroyed although copies may be retained if required to satisfy our legal, regulatory or accounting requirements. By law, you are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold on you. If you would like to receive a copy of the information that we hold on you then please write to us at 10 Cornwall Terrace, Regents Park, London, NW1 4QP enclosing your postal details and a cheque for £10 payable to Meadowhall Education Centre Limited.
You may choose not to receive any promotional communications from us or our partners. We maintain an opt-out option on our website that you may choose to select at any time, if you do not wish to receive such promotional communications from us or our partners.
Changes / Modification
You may make a request to us to change or modify your information at any time. Further if you are aware at any time that any of the information that you have given to us has changed then please let us know at the earliest opportunity of the changes that need to be made to your information.
If we change this policy, we will post the new policy on our home page. If the change means that we will use your information differently, we will notify you. You may accept the change of use, or if you do not, we will continue to use your information in accordance with the policy under which it was collected.
Our Pledge to You